Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

yellow exclamation marks (code 39) on all usb devices

Windows XP Support

Old 30-06-2010

yellow exclamation marks (code 39) on all usb devices

I am using an Acer laptop running with Windows XP Pro SP3.Suddenly all mu USB drives stopped working. When I checked the Device Manager to troubleshoot I saw yellow exclamation marks everywhere with Code 39. As troubleshoot I tried deleting all USB devices, even repaired my operating system but yet the same problem.

I even ran Windows update assuming it will take drivers those are missing but the problem persists. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-05-2011

Re: yellow exclamation marks (code 39) on all usb devices

This problem can occur because of many reasons. It might be possible that your USB ports are not connected in the proper sequence in your Motherboard and that is why reinstalling new drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling the USB device is not working for your. So i would suggest you to take help from some technical expert and figure out what the actual cause of the problem is. It might also be possible that all your USB port might have got corrupted. If the reason behind this behavior is defective USB ports then you will be needing to replace it with a working one.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,