Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Does Windows store a list of installed updates?

Windows XP Support

Old 19-06-2010

Does Windows store a list of installed updates?

I want to know that how to find all the list of updates which are installed on my pc. I am getting a constant error message on my screen that says about low disk space. I had checked properly. My C drive is around 25GB and among which around 90% is occupied by my files, downloads and windows files. But still I am getting a disk space error due to which update filed. It looks windows is keeping the updates in my pc. I want to backup them and later on when I format my pc will install the same back again.

Old 20-06-2010

Re: Does Windows store a list of installed updates?

You can simply find that through Add/Remove Program. You can find the information on all installed updates in your pc. You just have to go in Control Panel and click on Windows Component or Update section. You can download those updates manually from web also. Each and every update is available for free download. You can download the same and keep it somewhere so that you can install them back again. I am sure that will be enough.
Old 20-06-2010

Windows download and keep all the updates inside software distribution folder. You can keep a backup through that. It can be easier for you in future to install them back again. You can simply cut page the file from software distribution folder and keep it somewhere else. As time goes on the updates keep on increasing that increases the size and eats up more disc space. You can delete that or move it to some other place for future references.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,