Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

selectively block some programs from accessing the internet

Windows XP Support

Old 02-06-2010

selectively block some programs from accessing the internet

There are some software in my pc that are accessing the internet without my consent, so I want to block them from accessing internet. Previously I was using some firewall software but now I have installed MCafee and it will not run with that software and tells me to use the Windows Firewall. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2010

Re: selectively block some programs from accessing the internet

Even I believe that Windows Firewall is not able to block any outgoing, but I am using Comodo for same which is working great.
Old 02-06-2010

You can use Zonealarm that does the outgoing, you just need to allow or deny every software one time as you use it and then it will remember it also. Download the free version of zonealarm from its official website.
Old 03-06-2010

I would say that dont use McAfee, uninstall it and use the free edition of AVG antivirus, which comes for free and it is very easy to use to block any software with the antivirus.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: