Thread: how to reset taskbar

how to reset taskbar

hi

i would like to ask your help how to reset my taskbar

I came home and I saw all my taskbar's quicklaunch displayed... when I was trying to adjust the width of the quick launch area.. it appears to be stuck and can't be adjusted.

Also, when programs or other window are running... it doesn;t show on the taskbar. When I uncheck the QL... the whole taskbar disappears.

Please help me fix this... thanks

Re: how to reset taskbar

Open the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box. Click the Start button and select" Properties "from the popup menu. This will load a dialog box that lets you outlook and modify settings for the Start menu and Taskbar. Choose "Lock the Taskbar." Click on the "taskbar" to outlook and modify the settings of the taskbar. The Taskbar tab is divided into two sections: . Notification Area "," Taskbar appearance "and the" Taskbar appearance "section contain five options, check boxes, to change the way you see the taskbar. Click" Lock the bar tasks "checkbox. This will keep the taskbar in place, preventing on purpose or accidentally, drag, move the taskbar to other areas of the screen. Uncheck the option" Auto-hide the taskbar. "If you have this option selected, this will make the taskbar vanish as working. It will appear only when you move the mouse cursor over the area where the taskbar otherwise. To prevent the bar jobs disappear when the cursor is in other areas of the screen, you must uncheck this box. Select "Keep the taskbar on top of additional windows." By checking this box will origin the taskbar to display them Standing on the computer screen. The entire opening windows appear behind the taskbar, even if you try to click and drag a window on the taskbar. Selecting this checkbox will keep the taskbar access all times, especially when multiple windows are open. Be appropriate the settings. Making the modify described within steps 2 through 4, taken mutually, will reinstate the task bar if it is not and will prevent you from losing track of the taskbar in the future. Once you've made these changes, click the Apply button. This will save the changes to the taskbar.