Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP product key on netbook label almost unreadable

Windows XP Support

Old 24-04-2010

XP product key on netbook label almost unreadable

I am looking some urgent help. I have a laptop running with Windows XP since past one and half year. I am facing some critical problems with my laptop and hence i want to do a reformat and clean XP installation. Now obviously i need the license key which is pasted at the base of my notebook but the problem is its 3 to 4 characters are not visible problem and i am not able to recognize those letters.

I tried to go with the alternate path, downloaded Jelly key finder program, scanned and found the key from registry successfully. Later when i matched the key with the one at my notebooks, base, both are different. The key doesn't match with the key on the label.

What can i do now? Any other solution to get the license key of my Windows ?

Old 24-04-2010

Re: XP product key on netbook label almost unreadable

You haven't mentioned the make/model of the laptop? Which brand is it?

You should better try contacting with the Vendor or the Brand customer support. I think they can surely help you with this.
Old 24-04-2010

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have the vendor's number to hand just in case.

Here's hoping I don't need to use it.
Old 24-04-2010

Ohh by the way it is Acer laptop. I digged some more and began reset with Acer eRecovery program. Luckily It turns out this Acer Aspire one netbook eRecovery program does not ask for a product key. And now i have a complete new Windows on my system.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,