Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

staxmem.dll file unable to copy from XP SP2 Repair option

Windows XP Support

Old 16-04-2010

staxmem.dll file unable to copy from XP SP2 Repair option

Hello everyone.

a few days before, I had a conflict between my XP SP2 update, and Norton GoBack. so every time I turned on PC, a BSOD appeared with the error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0?7c9106c3 0?0069f36c).
The system has been shut down.

After I tried all F8 options (Safe Mode; Last known good configuration etc.) I couldn't find any solution. so I mounted the HDD on another PC, and copied all my data on a external HDD. now, after my data was safe, I tried to do a XP Repair. after I enter the Product Key for XP SP2, I get a dialog box telling me that setup can't copy the file " staxmem.dl_ ". I found the file in the CD, but I can't get the setup copy it. after I googled a little, I found some solutions like running cmd and entering a command, but the problem is that I'm in middle of XP Repair, and I can't access cmd...

this is my problem guys, any help from you would be appreaciated very much.

Old 12-05-2011

Re: staxmem.dll file unable to copy from XP SP2 Repair option

According to me the problem seems to be with your Windows XP CD. It might be possible that the CD which you are using to reinstall Windows XP in your computer might be damaged or else the file stored inside the CD might be corrupted. So the best possible solution for this problem would be to install Windows XP from another CD. Always use the Original Windows XP CD with proper serial key to install XP in your computer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,