Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

URGENT System hanging on boot at "Loading your personal settings"

Windows XP Support

Old 14-04-2010

URGENT System hanging on boot at "Loading your personal settings"

I am on Windows XP with SP3 with all the updates. The issue started with Outlook Express 6 losing all the app like menu bar shows and frame but nothing else. I cannot shut it down either by using the red X in top right corner, using Alt F4 or right clicking the icon on the task bar and choosing close. If I use ctrl+alt+del then it shows the program not responding and selecting end now does nothing. Then the whole machine becomes totally unresponsive and hence I need to shut down manually by pressing the power button. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 14-04-2010

Re: URGENT System hanging on boot at "Loading your personal settings"

Can you please let us know what did you do when before this thing happened?
Old 14-04-2010

Did you try to disable all the Non Microsoft Services? You can start the computer in Safe Mode adn then go to System Config and then Services tab and then click on Hide all Non Microsoft services, and then Disable all and then try to start in normal mode.
Old 16-04-2010

Check the article on "You may experience a 20-second delay when you try to access a redirected folder by logging on to a Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1-based computer or to a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899409

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,