Thread: FSX Fatal Error - Restarting

FSX Fatal Error - Restarting

I had just bought FSX Gold edition here. The installation was fine. When I click on the missing I am getting a error on my screen. The message on the screen says fatal error restarting. I am having a Quad Core system with Radeon HD4570 gpu. I am using dual gpu on my system with Windows Vista 64bit edition. It is really weird to find that the game simply crashed on my system. I do not think it is having any issue with the hardware config.

It is a weird error. The game works well when I play in free light mode. But when I click on missing it crashes. It looks like some kind of bug with the game itself. I am still waiting for some kind of patches that might released for the game to make it more stable in terms of performance. It is not working well at all. I had re-installed the game but still the issue lies the same. So the porblem lies withe game itself.

Re: FSX Fatal Error - Restarting

Same issue here. I've got ATI, Flight Simulator Gold Edition. Can't get past the tutorials in Missions without a fatal exception error. Thinking of taking this back to the store for a refund.

Does anyone know where I can view the Product ID for FSX Acceleration? I can't contact Microsoft Tech support without it (unless I shell out $35).

I didn't do anything extra-ordinary to this install. I do have Windows live running in the background though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx-accelerator-fatal-error-jpg  
    Last edited by JoeDatesta; 04-01-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Try to update dot net framework in your system and then test back. There can be problem with the video driver also. I will advice you to recommend the same to update it and check back. There is no patch finalized for the game yet so you will need to wait back for any updates. Till that time you can try adding essential updates in your system. Also do not forget to add the most recent version of Direct X in your system.

Yeah something similar keeps happening to mine i can run free flight fine but every time i run a mission or tutorial it comes up with this (look at attachment)

as with JoeDatesta question about the product code on the top of my box (i have FSX standard) there is a sticker licensed by Microsoft with lots and lots of codes. bar codes and one with 11 characters and another with 27 character including a /

yes i done those downloads but i didn't worry bout the one for the acceleration pack coz i don't have it
    but the weird thing is i put it on other PC AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY (well as best than u can get with basic graphic card but it worked still)
    Attached Images Attached Images