Thread: Spell check language in Outlook Express

Spell check language in Outlook Express

I was running Windows XP and also Outlook Express spell checker without any problems. After that I made a mistake, I actually let ms update XP and other programs, and not OE spell checks in French only. Can anyone tell me how to put it back to English? I have tried many fixes but nothing is working for me? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: Spell check language in Outlook Express

Check the article on "You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Outlook Express wont be able to use the ms word spell check in office 2007. You can download a free spell check which is the simplest way around this issue. Search for Vampirefo Spell Check on the net.

Thanks for the reply but I do not think that it is the issue. I am using Office 2007 and this issue started when I installed it. The spell checking is working fine in OE but ir uses a French dictionary. I simply want to direct it to an english dictionary.

Actually what I meant to say was, once you have installed Outlook 2007, then a French dictionary is the only spell check option available in Outlook Express. The solution for the issue is there itself.

Hi, to you all suffering and having tried all of the advice, but failed, I have installed Windows Live mail.
    My operating system is Windows XP.
    Very easy to set up.
    You can choose any Language you want from the list, by clicking on tools, options, spelling, then choose Language and apply.

thanks for info on french language spell check! now back to english. BUT now spell check no longer shows on toolbar, and no longer offered in customize. zeez - it was just there! suggestions? (maybe it is time to download windows live mail myself.)

Hi, I have been using Windows live mail, for a week or two, no glitch's at the moment. You are best manually setting the settings just follow theeasy steps shown. You can add more than one email address to the same page.
    It is easy to use. Just gives you more options.
    You dont even have to set up windows live to use it, as I havent done so.
    It was time for a change any way.
    The down load was free from Microsoft.

cheers

windows live

I downloaded windows live.... is that hotmail??? I'm confused. I thought windows live was different suite of software, not hotmail...but that's what it directed me to once downloaded. maybe I did something wrong??

Re: windows live

Quote Originally Posted by audiochick View Post
    I downloaded windows live.... is that hotmail??? I'm confused. I thought windows live was different suite of software, not hotmail...but that's what it directed me to once downloaded. maybe I did something wrong??
    Hotmail, windows mail all are integrated or a part of each other, which is a mailing website. If you search for windows email you will get search results for hotmail.com only. But if you have a email with @hotmail.com then you will have to input your account name with @hotmail.com and if you have windows live mail then you will have to input your account name with @live.com.