Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't boot even to Safe Mode.

Windows XP Support

Old 14-12-2009

Can't boot even to Safe Mode.

I got a system from my friend which will not boot and hangs at the Windows Splash screen. It will also hang when booting into safe mode. I think that the boot process is having the place where winlogon.exe is executed. Can anuone tell me what is causing this hangs? Thanks

Old 15-12-2009

Re: Can't boot even to Safe Mode.

You can try to renamed the winlogin file back to what it was. After that boot up with an XP Cd and enter the recovery console. Now check at the disk prompt to run the below command:

chkdsk /p
fixboot

After that exit and retry to boot up.
Old 15-12-2009

You can try to put the renamed files back the way they were and dont have to use the registry. If you are booting into Safe Mode, then what does it do? Incase if hangs in Safe Mode then what is the last thing you see on the screen? What does the BSOD say? As per the error message we will come across some solutions for it for sure.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: