Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removal of Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954550-v5

Windows XP Support

Old 12-11-2009

Removal of Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954550-v5

Recently windows has downloaded some hotfix. I had disabled automatic updates. I was installing a game that asked for dot net update. After installation automatic update was on and it downloaded and installed some hotfix in my pc. The system just screwed up. It is working very slow and I had also faced a few blue screen error. I am not able to get any solution for the same. I tried to remove that but still I am not able to do as the system just crashes instantly.

Old 12-11-2009

Try to boot in safe mode first. Press F8 on restart. The system will give you a safe mode menu. There are chances that in safe mode your system will not crash instantly. Later on you can go in Control Panel and remove the hotfix. For that you have to go in Add/Remove Program and click on Show Updates. Remove all the recently installed updates and then boot back in normal mode.
Old 12-11-2009

Re: Removal of Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954550-v5

Are you really sure that the issue just lie due to the update only. It is necessary that you must check the same properly. You can go in Event Viewer to get more information on the same. Just go in Event Viewer and post the complete error report here. This would be much more beneficial to fix the problem you are facing. Because there are chances that some other related application might be causing the problem.
Old 12-11-2009

Did you tried system restore. Boot in Safe Mode and run system restore. You can find that inside Accessories > System Tools. Just run system restore and choose a older date, before the update was installed. That's all. System restore will restore your old settings back making your pc to perform more better. There will be more stability. I think that will be enough helpful to fix the problem you are facing.
Old 13-11-2009

It is important to locate the cause of issue. System restore can give you temporary solution only. There are chances that after restore, if you run Windows update back the same hotfix will cause the crash. You can find more detail on the issue in Event Viewer. There are ample of error reports mentioned there which tells clear about the crashing stuff. Try to run sfc /scannow in cmd under safe mode.
Old 18-10-2011

I totally agree with ole Ben, I have a quote for anyone reading these, HE WHO GIVES UP HIS GUNS AND AMMO ARE SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!! E and the last part Charlton Hesston!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,