Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Language change from French into English in French XP home edn

Windows XP Support

Old 12-11-2009

Language change from French into English in French XP home edn

I recently purchased a Dell Netbook from france with XP in french language. I thought that it could be easily changed over into its native english language. But after trying all the language options in control panel to get it into English, nothing happens and it still remains french only. Can anyone tell me how to change it into English Language? Thanks.

Old 12-11-2009

Re: Language change from French into English in French XP home edn

Well, the only option left for you is to buy the English version of Windows.
Old 12-11-2009

It seems to me that you have bought a french version of Windows and therefore you will have to buy a english version of Windows. The language of the preinstalled Windows cant be converted into the other.
Old 12-11-2009

I dont think you can convert or upgrade from one language version of the operating system to another, so you will have to buy and use the full version of Windows XP in English Language and then perform a fresh installation.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;282089

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: