Thread: Running 32bit WinXP Apps in 64bit Windows 7 possible (with emulator) ?

Running 32bit WinXP Apps in 64bit Windows 7 possible (with emulator) ?

I cannot simply imagine to switch my system from current 32bit to 64bit. I am using Windows 7 here and I had installed same a couple of weeks ago. It is a newly installed system with everything working fine on the same. Now I am having a big problem here. I am having ample of 32bit applications here. And the system that I am using is having a 64bit OS. I need some help with running 32bit apps. I hope there will not be any major issue in running those applications.

There is nothing to worry about. The issue occur when you try to install a 64bit application on 32bit system. That is not possible. While you can run 32bit application easily on 64bit system. That is simply great and does not gives out any problem. There are quiet less 64-bit applications yet. Ample of them are 32bit only. 32-bit application works fine under a 64-bit version of Windows and has no issue. Only 32bit drivers are not stable.

Ample of time I was able to successfully ran a number of 32bit Xp application in Windows Vista 64bit without any changes. I do not think there will be any kind of serious issue with the same. Everything will be simply working fine here. Lots of 32-bit apps run with no issue in Win7 64-bit. You'd need to go to the individual programs' websites and see what their support says about 64- bit compatibility.

Re: Running 32bit WinXP Apps in 64bit Windows 7 possible (with emulator) ?

Hi, if you are running Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit version) on your computer, the ability to install Adobe Flash Player is built in. You have to find it, and install it.
    Here is a link, on my local computer, that should take you to tours: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/dlm/. I tried installing what I thought was the same thing from Adobe, but this one actually worked, and I got the confirmation screen indicating such, and it is really working.

I am here having a 64bit edition of Windows XP. and I am am trying to run a 64bit version of flash on the same. I had downloaded the same from adobe site. Before that I tried running a 32bit app but that failed to work and started giving a error on the screen. I thought the issue lie with the setup but that was not the problem. So just try to find out the right version of application you are using and then test back.

can somebody help me, I have big problem that I have win 7 64 bit operating system and I want to set up 32 bit on 64 bit win7. So, I have downloaded WoW 64 programme and it dosen't working. in that case what can I do is there any idea?

There are two things you can try. First you can use an virtualization, if you have a good amount of ram in your system. With this you can install Windows 32 bit over the existing Windows 64 bit operating system. And also it is easy to remove. You do not need to format your system. Second you can dualboot your system. Just keep your motherboard cd ready. It has all necessary drivers to run your audio, video, camera and other devices.

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: FAQ