Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

D-Link DGE-528T NIC wrong driver

Windows XP Support

Old 03-10-2009

D-Link DGE-528T NIC wrong driver

Need some urgent help from you all. I?m using a Windows XP desktop on which I am trying to install a network card but don?t know why it is taking wrong driver every time. Though the system is XP, every time it installs Vista 32bit driver. At the same time when I try to update the driver from Device manager, it keeps on telling me that the drivers installed are latest. Also I have set I 'SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1' route but the card driver does not show up under hidden devices. Do anyone of you have any idea regarding this? Please help.

Old 04-10-2009

Re: D-Link DGE-528T NIC wrong driver

Hello Frragrant,

Did you tried uninstalling or removing the Network Card itself. If not yet, do it and restart without it and then Shutdown. Reinstall and let WinXP reload it.
Old 06-10-2009

RE: D-Link DGE-528T NIC wrong driver

Thank you very much for the help friend. Yes, i tried uninstalling and removing the card, but as soon as i I put it back into the system it automatically applies the Vista driver before I can do anything else. Anyways, i'll try to uninstall/remove/re-boot thing when I get home, and will let you know the results.

Thank you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,