Thread: Cannot print with wireless Lexmark printer, help needed!

Cannot print with wireless Lexmark printer, help needed!

Hi, I have a Lexmark X4650 wireless which was working ok previously but since I changed my router it has now stopped working. The problem is whenever I go to print anything, the print status bar pops up and the print status reaches 10% and then just stops and hangs. I can cancel anything which I've sent to print but cannot get it to print anything at all, including test pages.

I have configured the printer to connect to the new router and Im presuming that it does as the connection light at the front of the machine blinks while connecting and then goes to a solid green colour to show that it has connected.

Can anyone help with this as it's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot print with wireless Lexmark printer, help needed!

The issue lies with the router security settings. You have to go in the web control panel and ensure that security settings are configured on minimal to access the printer wireless. Try to change the encryption mode and test back. First keep the wifi open without password and then run the print. If it works then there is a issue with the security only. You just need to reconfigure the printer back again from scratch and then test back.

Thanks Lem.

I have gone through everything in your post and have double checked the SSID and the I.P. address and they all match as expected. However, one thing that I have noticed when I printed off the Network setup page was the following:

Signal Strength: -85 dBm
    Quality: Unacceptable
    Trouble Code: Signal Strength too weak

Im not sure why this would be the case since the printer and the router are in the same place and about 3 meters away from each other.

If nothing else work out then there is one thing you have to do before putting the printer on the wireless network. Connect the printer physically to your pc and install it. Then hook it back on the router and ensure that the router or printer is not very far away from your desk. You will need to test the printer wifi. Whether it is working fine or not. Sometime issue lies with the printer itself due to which this kind of problem appear. Read the printer manual and then try back.

I cant see why the distance should be a problem as there isn't anything in between the router and the printer. The router is working ok as I can connect to it via my PC and a couple of Laptops from around the house.

One thing I forgot to mention is when I tried to ping the printer it kept timing out.

Thanks for your help so far.