Thread: Print spooler problems in installing a HP Officejet J4580

Ok I have a print spooler issue. Mine says print spooler service is stopped and needs to be running for installation to continue. How do I fix this? I've looked at a few sites and they've suggested going in through the control panel into admin tools, and then finally into services. Well in services there is not one for print spooler so that doesn't work. I also tried the start menu, going to run, and typing net start spooler. That doesn't work and nothing shows up in that black box. I've restarted the remote procedure call like that was suggested. Nothing works so far.

Note: I found this one on the site somewhere and it's also what I'm experiencing, but I don't know how to correct a driver problem as one person suggested.

When trying to add a printer under "Printers and Faxes", I get this error:
    "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not
    running."
    I also get an error when trying to access the server properties:
    "Server properties cannot be viewed. The print spooler service is not
    running."
    Went to the Print spooler service and restarted it and the RPC dependent
    service with no luck. The service stops as soon as I try to add the printer.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Print spooler problems in installing a HP Officejet J4580

Print spooler occurs because of the compatibility issue with the operating system. You should make sure that the printer is compatible with the version of Windows installed in your system.You can solve this issue by modigying your registry key. Do the following:
    • Switch on Your system and press F8, while its booting up, to go to the Windows Advanced Mode.
    • Now Start your computer in Safe Mode.
    • Delete the following file: C:\Windows\System32\Spool Printers and C:\Windows\System 32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86.
    • Now Start your Registry key and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86.
    • here you should check whether winx86 consists of only two subkeys; Drivers and print processors. If you find anything other then this two, then go to file menu and click on Export. here you will have to insert the name in the file name boz and click save button.
    • Clanspl.exe is a utility which you can easily found on Internet and is included in the Windows Resource Kit tools, can guide you to complete the Print spooler jobs.