Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is NET Runtime Optimization Service?

Windows XP Support

Old 18-08-2009

What is NET Runtime Optimization Service?

While running Windows Update on my XP system I found something named “NET Runtime Optimization Service”. Though I don’t have any idea about it, after thinking a lot, I did allow it to update with other updates on my system.

There is no problem on my computer but for just general knowledge I want to know what NET Runtime Optimization Service does ?

Old 18-08-2009

Re: What is NET Runtime Optimization Service?

You will get the complete details about this service in this Article. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/davidnotario...27/412838.aspx . It is related to the older versions of .net and helps during installation or upgrade of service pack. It consumes CPU processing power.
Old 03-05-2012

This service is responsible for per-compiling the .net assemblies. Here when a program is used it can run directly and does not require to compile for working. So here many time you can notice the .net update in your system. It is responsible for proper functioning for various stuff like Windows Phone Device Center, etc. Some games also require a proper .net update to function properly. You should let the update run and the service to function properly. It is an essential Windows component.
Old 04-05-2012

Simply run Windows update. It will download all required file automatically. If you are facing any issue you can also download all stuff manually in the system. If the update fails you will need to re-install the same and reboot your system. The update is not able to complete due to various reason. If you check inside the list of Windows update in control panel you can choose the update you want and you do not want to install.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: