Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Windows XP Support

Old 30-07-2009

Whenever I boot up my computer I get the following error:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

I have read the other threads and tried booting from the XP disc, but I cannot even boot from the disk, this error pops up after the loading HP screen. Please Help!

Thanks.

Old 31-07-2009

Re: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Hello Korrupt, you should always provide the make and model of your laptop as well. That makes us help you better. Anyway, you will need here to make some changes in your systems bios and set the CD drive as first for booting software. Do you have Windows XP Installation CD or the Recovery CD you might have got from HP?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,