Thread: The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant!????

The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant!????

Any help greatly appreciated.
    This message being posted from computer in public library!

Was using my Toshiba Laptop yesterday evening no problems however when I came to use it this morning it opened onto black screen with message to reboot from various modes inc. safe mode, previous mode, normal mode.

I have tried all of these and the computer started to loop, letting me get as far as logging into my computer then rebooting.

Following this happeneing afew times I got the following message on blue screen:
    'The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant'

Restarted system again as recommended and got same message.
    Have tried removing battery and leaving it, turning off and restaring after 5-10mins multiple times.

Now I am back to black screen with options of how to reboot but is now freezing on this screen.

I don't have a clue why this has suddenly happened as it has been working fine, no new hardware or software and no sudden damage.

What can I do- I have a lot of important documents on the computer so hope it isn't dead!?

Thanks for any help.
    Fiona

RE: The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant!????

I got the same issue sometime back even though I am able to boot to Windows XP. I have reinstalled the motherboards chipset utility in Windows XP and then ran the optional windows explorer Bios update from intel, even though the bios update was installed few years ago and was the last release for the computer.

Re: The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant!????

The error seems to me that it is warning more than something that will keep from booting, and a Bios upgrade might be needed to solve this issue. If You try to login using valid credentials in any mode, then do you get cycled back to the login screen? You said that it restarts, does it reboot or just come back to the login screen? Incase you dont have a bootable XP installation CD, then you will have to make trying to find one a high priority.

Well my computer is now firmly frozen when trying to turn on.

In answer to Jose when I was originally able to get to login screen it was getting me as far as getting a glimse of background then shutting down and restarting back up as far as the login screen at which point upon logging in the same would happen again.

But now not even getting anywhere.
    Also can't find my original windows XP installation CD anywhere!!

Have someone coming to look at it later cause im stumped!

Thanks
    Fiona

Check to see if there is an option of Sata Mode in your Bios? Just set it to AHCI and turn on IDE, just for testing purpose. Also, you are running the latest bios, a update issue is not the matter. You can also try to turn off sleep in power options and turn off hard disk > set to never and set it to high performance. See what happens then.