Thread: Dell Inspiron 1501 won't connect to wireless...WHY???

Dell Inspiron 1501 won't connect to wireless...WHY???

I am facing problem with my laptop. I am not able to connect the same to my internet. The connection just drops in between constantly. I tried running system restore but that also did not worked. I contacted the isp and he said that there is no issue from there end. Whatever is the issue it lies on my side. I had just recently purchased the wifi router. But as I was not having time to connect the same so it was kept aside. But know the wifi is just not working.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1501 won't connect to wireless...WHY???

Looks like some issue with the wifi. Before connecting the laptop on wifi just try to connect the same to the router using a lan cable. If the net is working then the router is proper. Then try some other device like a mobile phone or some other pc and check the router wifi. If it is working fine then some problem lies with the pc. You will need to update the wireless driver of your laptop and then check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1501 won't connect to wireless...WHY???

Try to disable any existing security application from your pc. A number of time security software like firewall or antivirus are causing the problem. It is necessary that you turn off the same for sometime and then check back. Sometime firewall also cause the issue. Disabling the same will make your job more easier and will also allow simple connectivity. Disable any network monitoring apps also. You can check that in Task Manage.

RE: Dell Inspiron 1501 won't connect to wireless...WHY???

Check the wifi switch. Go in the wireless network section and scan for wifi. It is better to test the network first on some other system. I am sure if it is detected you will be able to find out the problem. I to think the issue might be with the drivers. It is necessary that you must update your wireless device drivers and then check back. For branded system there is an option available by which you can restore it back to the factory settings. Backup your data and then check back the same.

Factory settings might be a proper way to fix the hardware issue. but it is recommended that you simply first verify that your wireless internet is whether working fine or not. If it is not working well then there is no use for running factory settings. Just test it on some other pc and checking through lan will not tell you anything about the wifi. It is necessary that you must simply verify the connectivity status and then check back.