Thread: IE8 Import Favorites/bookmarks from Firefox?

IE8 Import Favorites/bookmarks from Firefox?

Earlier my Windows XP was running with Internet Explorer 7 which use to freeze a lot. Hence I switched to Firefox and using the same since last 5 months. It now has lost of bookmarks and other datas. Yesterday night when I ran Windows Update I received IE update as well which is now updated to Internet Explorer 8 and is now working great. Hence I want to switch back to IE8 but cannot loose my Bookmarks stored in Firefox.

So I wanted to know if there is a perfect way to import all bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer 8? Many thanks.

Re: IE8 Import Favorites/bookmarks from Firefox?

First of all launch Firefox Browser, go to Organize Bookmarks and export the Bookmarks in HTML format. Save the file on your desktop. Once done, launch Internet Explorer, click on File menu and select Import and Export. In the Import/Export Wizard, click on Next , select Import Favorites action and then Next. Now click on radio button for Import from a File or Address, and then Browse button to locate the saved Firefox bookmarks HTML file. Once the bookmarks.html is selected, click Next. select a Favorites folder as the Import Favorites Destination Folder and click Finish to start the import.

Re: IE8 Import Favorites/bookmarks from Firefox?

Thank you very much for the help Patter-Son but sorry to say i forgot earlier to tell you that the objective here is to get bookmarks into Internet Explorer so that they can be imported into an iPhone. As you might be knowing that iPhone wont support the import from Firefox. Can youi guys please provide me steps to do the same?