Thread: Assert Failed

Assert Failed

My system specs are: XP Home, Version 2002, SP3; HW: AMD Sempron 2500+, 1.74GHz, 1GB RAM (I know, a real screamer!)
    Recently started getting two error messages coming up in sequence immediately after logging in:
    box 1: from “Assert”
    ASSERT FAILED\Projects\wtKernel\src\Win32\cm\Core\cmCodeModule.cpp:90 m_CodeHandle !=NULL
    “OK”
    box 3: from ddcmigrate.exe – Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0x80000003). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    “OK”

Would someone please help me resolve this problem?
    Thank you

Re: Assert Failed

If you are getting the error is associated with some program then just to re-install it back again. That will be enough to fix the problem you are facing. You can find more information on the same inside Event Viewer. There is ample of description mentioned to fix the problem. If nothing helps much then the last option left is to run system restore. System restore just restore back the old settings when your system was working fine.

Here I just want to give some information on Assert. It is not a application or some kind of program. It is a programming tool. It is basically used for debugging. So there are some apps which depends on it and causing the error. You will need find the information on the same. By turning off the relative application the issue will be resolved. Just get rid of some recently installed applications in your pc and then check back.

The problem usually lies due to Wild Tangent. It is an kind of game application. It having multiple tiny games in it. They come pre-installed or sometime it is installed through some other application. You will have to disable this to get rid of the problem. You can go in System Configuration Utility and disable it. That will be simply enough to fix the problem yo uare facing. Just run msconfig and then click on startup. In that look for Wild Tangent. Disable it and then reboot your pc. You can then go in control panel and un-install it manually.

DB Ben, first I salute your Armed Forces service. 2nd, thank you for the tip. If AV caught the malicious, great - at least I didn't get nailed. However, I'd still like to get rid of the nuisance messages. 'Any suggestion on how I can tell what program is tryting to launch?

I hope you're right. I'll try to find it and get rid of it. Could you please offer a tip on where it would be?... maybe Programs?

OK... found Wild Tangent... should I run a "de-install" (if there is one) or can I just delete the 'WildTangent' directory?
    I thought sometimes that if you don't de-install and just delete the files you might not get all the software "hooks."
    What do you think?

Run system restore and then check back. That will be enough to fix the problem. System restore is one of the best utility to get rid of problem you are facing. Whenever you get the problem just run system restore and then check back. You will need to choose a very old date in the calender to remove the error. I did this for same kind of issue. First I had selected some recent dates which was a couple days old. But it did not worked.

I had also installed that. I thought it would be a good application but it was just an waste of time. It make my system slow and also was not very simple to remove. System restore does not work here much. The last option left was to run a repair setup of windows. Through windows installation disc I performed the repair setup and the issue was solved. There are some good third party system cleaners that can help you to clean your system and remove unwanted applications.