Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unlocking Computer Password

Windows XP Support

Old 23-05-2009

Unlocking Computer Password

Hi my name is Toya I have a gateway E3400 pentium 3 desktop which i have not used for a while. I started the computer and was asked for password which I totally forgotten. I also tried starting in safe mode with F8 and im directed back to the current screen to enter current password does anyone knows how to bypass the password screen so i can get on.

Look for any and any suggestions possible.

Thanks a lot u guys.

Old 23-05-2009

Re: Unlocking Computer Password

Incase you are on Windows XP and if the built in admin account has not been modified, then try to log in as Admin with an empty password, just press enter when prompted for the Administrator password.
Old 23-05-2009

RE: Unlocking Computer Password

Can you press the F8 key at the start of the computer and then enter save mode, after that enter as administrator and once in XP user accounts delete the password.
Old 23-05-2009

Re: Unlocking Computer Password

Can you try to remove the Cmos battery for some time or download the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder from its official website and it will be able to find the missing password.
Old 24-05-2009

When you get in as Administrator then try to fix or change your regular password and then go back to that account. I will also not change or keep using the Administrator account once your other issue is solved.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: