Thread: Event ID 4321 - NetBT

Event ID 4321 - NetBT

I am facing Event ID 4321 error on my cp. I am using Windows XP with lan connectivity. There are 3 lan connection. I am using the second one only. The first and third are disabled. The 2nd is a wifi connection. It looks to be working fine. But I am repeatedly getting event id 4321 error constantly. I need some help here to fix the problem. I went inside event viewer and found the issue lies with some NetBT. What should I do to fix the problem.

Re: Event ID 4321 - NetBT

Such kind of issue appear when netbios is disabled. You will need to verify the settings and then check back. I am sure that will be easy to get rid of the issue. You can simple go in the services and then simply check for the settings Just enable Netbios and then check back. Later on restart your pc and then check back. If you are still facing the problem then try to post the complete error log here through event viewer and then check back.

Try to run system restore and then check back. Try to restore the old settings back. That will be more helpful to some extent. You can simply run system restore through System Tools. If this does not work then the issue lies with tcp/ip. You will need to re-install windows component and then test back. That will be more easy to get rid of issue. According to me system restore is more than enough to fix the problem.

The issue can be resolved by clearing NetBT. Once you clear the same the system will work fine. You will get the connectivity work back in your system. There are option available by which you can simply repair tcp/ip. To repair the same launch cmd and then type the command to rest winsock. The command is netsh winsock reset catalog. To set the installation default type netsh int ip reset [logfilename].

Try to change the workgroup and then check back. It is necessary that you configure your work group settings. If your network has a dhcp configured then ensure that you have proper settings. Or else there can be same kind of error again and again each time when you use your system. If you are not using the other two connections just delete them and check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem.