Thread: RUNDLL ----- C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gzmrt.dll

RUNDLL ----- C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gzmrt.dll

I am having an issue and is there anyone who can help me out? The error that I am getting is that the RUNDLL----- C\WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/gzmrt.dll module cannot be found or something? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

You can download Autoruns for Windows from this link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx. And then locate the entry on the Startup list and remove it. After that follow the below steps:

1. First of all, you have to try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies by doing this:
    2. Click Start > Control Panel > Double click Network and Internet Connections > Double click Internet Options.
    3. After that go to IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
    4. General > Security > Privacy > Content > Connections > Programs > Advanced.
    5. Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
    6. Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
    7. Browsing
    8. Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
    9. After that click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the culprit and update it or remove it.

How to manage Add-Ons:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

Thanks for that information, I will just try to start working with this and will update later how things went fine.

Re: RUNDLL ----- C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gzmrt.dll

Incase the module or file cannot be found then something is trying to run it, then possibly your antivirus has grabbed something. You can try to find information on the net and see what it belongs to. After that decide whether to reinstall its parent program or remove the program once and for all, to get rid of the problem.

It was from the installshield, the basic supplier of installation software used by most manufacturers. And it was used by many other processes. The infection was gzmrt.dll and the access point was the browser object I think. The error was generated from a call to the registry with no file found actually.

There are some malware that camouflage themselves like the gzmrt.dll, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. So you will need to check the gzmrt.dll process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security.