Thread: ordinal 266 not in dynamic libray

ordinal 266 not in dynamic libray

I am trying to install a new version of emotions on msn. But when I try to run the setup I am getting a weird error on the screen. The error is ordinal 266 is not in dynamic libray msi.dll. I am constantly getting this error and not able to understand the cause behind this. Does anyone knows what is the error about. The setup file is given to me by my friend which worked on this pc. But it is giving error on my system. What should I do here.

Re: ordinal 266 not in dynamic libray

The problem lies with Windows Installer. If it is broken then you get that kind of issue. It is recommended that to fix the error you must simply install the same back again and then check back. I am sure that will be enough for you. You can download the most recent version of installer from web and install in on your pc. Or you can run windows update also. Just re-install windows installer and then check back.

The issue can be resolved by re-registering Windows Installer. For that click on start and then click on RUN. In the box type first msiexec /unreg and hit enter. Later on type msiexec /regserver and hit enter. If this does not work then type the two same command in cmd and then test back. If nothing works then download the latest version of Windows Installer for below link and check back.

Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable