Thread: how to convert windows movie maker format to MPEG-2

how to convert windows movie maker format to MPEG-2

I need some help with converting mpeg2 files for windows movie maker. I am facing problem with importing those files in movie maker and editing the same. It is a bit complicated to make a clip out of them. I thought movie maker supports the format but when I try to import the same I am getting constant errors on the same. What should I do to fix the problem I am facing. I am not wiling to convert the same that can affect the video quality.

Re: how to convert windows movie maker format to MPEG-2

I think movie maker read ample of video file format. All you need is to install a codec pack in your pc. You can download any latest codec pack from web and install it in your pc. Just the setup and then try back to import the files. That is one of the best way to fix the problem. Just ensure that what video file format you are having. Just modify the same to some avi or wmv format and then check back.

Movie Maker does not read all the files format. There are some limitation. I think it works well with WMV file more well. Download a good video convertor for web. I am using TVC here. It works fine and does not spoil the video quality also. Just download the same and run it in your pc and use the videos to convert them in wmv or avi format atleast. Even after installing codec I do not think all videos format will work. Movie Maker is really buggy with the same.

Movie maker is really so complicated to use. Avi is the only format that I had seen worked with it. It is one of the simplest movie editor software available but it has limitation with file format. I do not understand why Microsoft does not add multiple video file support on the same. I am using a different video convertor but somehow it is not giving me a good output format. Does there is any alternative software that can work like Movie Maker and work fine.

I do not think there is any good alternative available that can simply help to create a movie compare to movie maker. I am searching the same from long time but found nothing. I hope in future there will be some applications which might really work fine. Rightnow I am also messing with the file format here. I am having ample of dvd files here. I have to convert them first to an reasonable reading format and then only I can create a movie from the same.

Somehow movie maker it having its own limitation. I am trying to stream some videos here. I thought it will be easier for me to stream the video directly and then converting it to the readable file format I want. But things are really different here. I had tried everything to stream the content but nothing worked here. I have to use a third party program first to stream the content and then I go with converting it to a readable format.

There is a shortage of good movie editing tool. I am having a tons of video clips stored on my pc. Now first I tried to merge them but it is just useless. I tried moviemaker which said no to the file format. It took me almost a day to convert the videos in a readable format and then convert them as per my need. The codec stuff does not work well. Movie maker wants the exact file format. And that really affects the quality.

ok, i made a movie in windows movie maker, and I am trying to make it as a movie with convert to video or something like that. When it is converting, when is at 35% it just stop and the minutes that are left to finish starts going up, and i had wait looot of hours and nothing happens, it just stops!!! wuaa i need help please, is for an exam!!