Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Blue Square in Icons

Windows XP Support

Old 24-04-2009

Blue Square in Icons

Hi...

All of a sudden I'm getting a little blue square with 2 >> marks in it, appearing in some icons on my computer. They seem to be in mp3 icons, jpg incons and url link icons. It's very annoying. I don't know where they came from or how to get rid of them. And they don't seem to be part of the icon. The icon will appear normal and the the blue box suddenly overlays itself on top.

I've attached a .jpg of the icon with the overlay

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Greg K

Attached Images

Old 25-04-2009

Re: Blue Square in Icons

I guess the software that you have installed to play mp3's has used that icon. When you will go into the Folder Options > File Types tab > find and highlight the mp3 extension, then click Advanced, and you can change its icon then. Incase there are no others available, then you will have to search for one you prefer, possibly in the WMP folder.
Old 25-04-2009

RE: Blue Square in Icons

It looks to me that you are using Norton Backup and have a backup status icon turned on in your backup details/summary. If that is correct then let us know about the results. I think that blue icon with arrows means that the file has not been backed up. This icon changes to green when Norton automatically backs up the file during idle time.
Old 22-10-2009

Re: Blue Square in Icons

Dave M THANK YOU!!!
It was Norton backup that was doing it. I would never have thought to look there. I followed your instructions and got rid of the blue! No one else knew what to do.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,