Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Screen Resolution Won't Change

Windows XP Support

Old 06-04-2009

Screen Resolution Won't Change

This is a Windows XP system, probably 4 years old. Until last week it was having a 20GB hard drive. SO recently I changed the hard drive with on 80GB and installed windows again from scratch. Installed all required drivers and ran Windows update without any problem. Now the problem am facing is it is showing up in just 640 x 480 pixel resolution. My mobo has built-in Nvidia card. Though I try changing the resolution manually, I can see the message saying ?your desktop settings have been changed? but still the screen resolution remains at the same 640 x 480 resolution.

Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix the problem?

Old 07-04-2009

Probably Graphics and all is related to the Graphics Driver or Monitor driver? Did you changed the monitor also? if yes, did you installed it drivers manually?

Just download the latest drivers for your Motherboard graphics and Monitor driver. Problem should be fixed for sure.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,