Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Live Messenger 2009 & Logitech webcam

Windows XP Support

Old 30-03-2009

Windows Live Messenger 2009 & Logitech webcam

I am facing a number of issue with Windows Live Messenger 2009. I am not able to use Logitech webcam on it. I bought this new one. The web cam model is QuickCam Pro 4000. When I try to use it for chatting it is showing nothing. There is a complete black screen. I am also not able to use remote assistance. I want to help some of my friends for fixing their problem. First I got a popup on the screen about installing a upgraded version but that failed. In older version the video call works but it freezes a lot while in the new one it is just not working well.

Old 18-03-2013

Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009 & Logitech webcam

Looks like some kind of issue with the drive. It is essential that you must update the camera driver first and try to re-install Live Messenger once again. Perform some latest windows update to find get appropriate output on the same. Try to run proper updates and then test it back. There are a few different messenger available which you can use to test the webcamera.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,