Thread: Windows did not pass validation

Windows did not pass validation

It states that the current copy of windows did not pass validation, Is there any way to fix this without paying microsoft 150 dollars please help thanks

Make sure you have installed the Genuine Copy, or did you bought this computer with Windows pre-installed? By the way have you ever passed the validation before on this system? Anyways, I’ll will suggest you to go to the following page and run the diagnostic: www. microsoft.com/genuine/diag/. Copy paste the diagnostic report here.

Re: Windows did not pass validation

Yes thats correct

The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked

now I have no idea what this means or If there is any way it can be fixed appreciate all your help

I'm having the same problem myself. I've hade this computer for quite some time and suddenly I get a notice that my VLK is blocked.

I in no way can afford a new windows download as the sight keep on annoyingly suggesting to me every few minuits with one of its pop ups.

Talk to those who bought and paid for your volume license key (that's what VLK stands for - if you did not know) to find out what they have done to remedy their situation with Microsoft and their supposedly invalidated key.

If no one bought and paid for your volume license that *you* can contact because you had nothing to do with them in the first place - I am unsure what you are hoping for...?

If someone installed this version of Windows XP onto your computer without your knowledge (that they were doing it illegitimately - but surely you knew if/when your system was formatted/installed fresh) - you should confront them to fix the situation.

If the edition (Home, Professional, etc) is the same as the product key sticker that may still be stuck on your machine someplace - you may yet have a way out of this without a clean install - by changing the illegitmate
    product key entered to do the installation to the legitimate product key on said sticker. The edition (Home, Professional, etc) on the sticker must match the version currently installed in order for that to work.

If the version on the sticker does not match (but there is a sticker) then you merely need the installation media (borrowed/copied from a friend, relative, co-worker, etc) of the same edition/type as the sticker represents to do a fresh installation with the media. (If there is a sticker - its type is OEM.)

If there is no sticker, if you have no CD case with a product key on it, etc - then you have no legitimate claim (based on information that you have presented) available to you. Come back if you need more information on one of the methods alluded to.