Thread: Attempt to burn disc failed. error 4261 occured.

Attempt to burn disc failed. error 4261 occured.

The error code given above is annoying me while burning dics on my PC. By now I have wasted more than 15 blank CDs in attempt of burning them because every time I get is the error 4261 and process fails. As a workaround I tried changing the burning speed but that dint helped in anyway. Later I called technician from the company I bought this system, they came and did some diagnostics but of no success. Can anyone help me fixing this ?

Re: Attempt to burn disc failed. error 4261 occured.

Which software are you using for burning on your system ? I had the same problem a month ago and it was with iTunes. After lots of troubleshooting iw as finally able to fix it by lowering down burning speed from maximum to 20x. As you said you already tried lowering the same, make it to 20X lower and see if it works for you.

Hello! Your post is the only one that has helped me with this problem - and I have looked at dozens and dozens!!! I have to move the top song down to the bottom every time I burn a CD now, but it works! Did you ever figure out a "long term" solution so that you can avoid this? Thanks so much for your help!!!

I literally couldn't believe that this worked. How strange?! I've burned about 30 discs of nothing trying to solve this and then BAM! You, my friend are some sort of genius. I wonder if it's something to do with copyright? As in, you can't burn them in the same order to replicate the CD. I dunno... anyway. THANK YOU!!!!!

I've burned many songs to CD's and never had this problem. I don't know what really worked, but as suggested I rearranged my playlist of songs and changed the speed to 2X and it seemed to work.