Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor

Windows XP Support

Old 04-03-2009

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor

I've been having problems logging on to my computer, when i try it will show the Windows Xp loading bar but after it will just give me a blank screen with a movable (not blinking) mouse cursor. Sometimes the moniter will just shut off conpletely while the computer stays on. I am able to boot in safe mode, is there anyone who knows how to fix it, i cant format because the computer i bought didnt come with any Disks to reinstall XP. I've also tried a system recovery and that hasn't worked either

Compaq Presario SR2013WM
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT- current drivers
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+
512 MB of RAM
XP Service Pack 2

All help is appreciated!

Old 04-03-2009

RE: Black Screen with Mouse Cursor

Hello Kaenkun, the very first thing i would suggest you is go to the boot menu by pressing F8 on startup and select "Last known good configuration" option instead of choosing Safe mode. See if your system can boot fine. Let me know the results.
Old 04-03-2009

Re: Black Screen with Mouse Cursor

Hey dude, doesn't your system has any (factory) reinstall partition ? It is like recovery partition that lets you re-install or recover your windows directly.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,