Thread: WindowsSearch.e fails

WindowsSearch.e fails

After closing Windows XP I am getting WindowSearch.e not responding. The issue looks to be that Outlook 2007 will not start and have to run in Safe Mode. The file search in Windows Explorer hangs Explorer, New applications wont load, System Restore will fail as well. There will be occasional hang of dsrt.exe on system close also. Below is the error log that is getting generated:

Windows Search Service: The gatherer files from the previous checkpoint cannot be restored, and this action cannot be completed. The gatherer will attempt to restore the files again. If the problem persists, restart the service, free system resources or verify that your hardware is working properly. Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog Details: The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error. Stop and restart the search service. If the problem persists, reset and recrawl the content index. In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index. (0x8004117f)

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: WindowsSearch.e fails

I dont think there must be any WindowSearch.e, WindowSearch.exe or dsrt.exe on your system, you should check for some malware issues in your computer.

Re: WindowsSearch.e fails

Thanks for the reply but some searches on windowssearch.exe and windowssearch.e suggest that they are used by MSN toolbar and might be alright if they are genuine. I think that you are right about dsrt.exe because the search for it all seem to bring different kind of stories. I have done a scan with McAfee and everything seems to be running fine.

I am having the windowssearch.e error as well. It will not allow Office 2007 to load unless in Safe Mode. I have run the McAfee Stinger and other virus removal tools without any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks