Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how to find USB port

Windows XP Support

Old 09-02-2009

how to find USB port

I have an external drive attached to my PC through a USB port.

From time to time, I get a message saying that the device is connected through a low speed USB port and the device wil perform better if it is connected to a high speed USB port.

It also gives me a list of USB ports available and the list shows the high speed port in bold.

However, the trouble is how to find the physical location of this port in the PC.

I attach a screen shot of the message which I get.

Any help?

Attached Thumbnails
screenshot001.jpg  
Old 10-02-2009

Re: how to find USB port

I think you need a tiny tool called ?UVCView?. Its Microsoft?s? own tool which will help you get details of each USB Ports and their status. You can easily map out your ports with this tool by plugging in a device into each port on the system,. If you want you can download UVCView from here : ftp://ftp.efo.ru/pub/ftdichip/Utilities/UVCView.x86.exe
Old 10-02-2009

Re: how to find USB port

Hey i have a small doubt here. If it is Microsoft's own software then why the server of the link you provided is showing up as Russia? As far as i know all Microsoft softwares and utility are stored on Microsoft's own site/server. I will suggest people that only safe place to get it is from Microsoft.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: