Thread: Microsoft Freelancer Multiplayer LAN Server List Problem

Microsoft Freelancer Multiplayer LAN Server List Problem

I am here trying to host freelancer game on my local network. I am having some of my friends who will be playing with me. I am using Freelancer 1.1 here. I had just updated it from the older version. Now in that I had clicked on multiplayer. But it shows me no server list. I thought the issue was with the setup. But it looks to be working fine. There is no problem with the server setup at all. I tried to use Direct Connect Tool also. But it is also not working. t?

Re: Microsoft Freelancer Multiplayer LAN Server List Problem

Looks like some kind of problem with system firewall or security application. Try to disable them. Or just add them under exception list if you do not want to compromise your systems security. But still for testing purpose I will recommend you to disable the same once and then test back. I am quiet sure it will work fine once you disable the security app. I will also advice you to forward a port for the games and then check back.

If there is any security application working in your system background then it is recommended that you must simply go for port forwarding. That will be a more easier way to run games on lan and it will work properly. That is the only way to fix the problem you are facing. There are some security apps which is causing the problem and blocking the connectivity. And also due to that you are not able to get the global IP list.

There is a patch available that can fix the problem you are facing. You can download the same from the official site. The patch has ample of fixes and some support for multiplayer also. Just run the patch first and then whether you are able to work or not. There is a Multiplayer Patch also available that you can use simply to make the game work more properly. Sometime the server list does not loads properly due to bugs in the game itself. Just run the patch and then check back.

In your setup is the game server list on the same lan where other clients are. If yes then this is surely some kind of connectivity issue. Try to run the same in admin account. The second most important thing you will have to check is the compatibility settings. It is another way of fixing the problem you are facing. You can try to disable some security application as mentioned above and then run the game. I too think this is some kind of security bug.

hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me why when my friend tries to log on to my freelancer server why he cant see my account. we tried to do the add your owm server IP address in the EXE folder but it still wont come up. if anyone could help it would be appreciated.
    thanx