Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My system automatically logs off after logging on.

Windows XP Support

Old 05-02-2009

My system automatically logs off after logging on.

I am facing a weird problem with windows xp. When I try to login the system takes me to the desktop, but later it log off automatically. It looks some kind of utility is background is causing the problem. While in safe mode nothing happens. My pc is used by other users also. It is really weird that the system just log off automatically instantly when I log in. I checked my system with antivirus but nothing was found.

Old 06-02-2009

Re: My system automatically logs off after logging on.

Did you tried system restore in safe mode. Run system restore and then test back. There is a tool called as Hijackthis. You can run this to generate a log file of each and every application running in your pc. You can simply on that basis disable and turn of those apps which are suspicious. Go in control panel under safe mode and also remove application that are not required.
Old 04-03-2009

It can be some kind of virus issue. This actually never happens. When you are on the desktop there are no third party utilities which can cause such issue. Just check the startup things in safe mode and see what you get. Disable all the startup things. I am sure that will be more than enough to fix the problem you are facing. There are some registry fix for the same but there is no surety whether it will work or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,