Thread: HTTP: 12029 no HTTP access for IE

HTTP: 12029 no HTTP access for IE

I cannot connect to the internet and get 'HTTP:error 12029, cannot connect to microsoft.com.' I bought regcure and have also reset winsock back to factory settings and ran it but we still can't connect.

The diagnostics on internet explorer show we cannot connect with HTTP or FTP but can with HTTPS. We can ping websistes. I have used another computer to verify the modem and cable are fine (not wireless). We have reinstalled the netword card driver, and powered down the broadband router.

Cause of all this originally was a worm, which we got rid of with Kaspersky software. I have since unisntalled this to rule out any conflict and are running Microsoft firewall which is enabled. The Local Area Network icon shows a status of connected. Firefox browser doesn't work either - it's error says 'firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections'.

I have disabled the firewall and re-tested and it doesn't make any difference.

Has anyone got any bright ideas what might be causing this?

Can you try to open Internet Options > Connections tab > click "Lan Settings" button > deselect all.

Re: HTTP: 12029 no HTTP access for IE

you are an absolute star - Thank you. You would not believe how many support calls I've had trying to troubleshoot this with Kaspersky!!!

Thanks for the fix, it worked for me properly. I would have never thought to look at the proxy settings. It has solved the problem right away.

This same problem has plagued me for this entire week. I have my Corporate IT guy looking at it but have heard no word on a fix. A simple "Google Search" this morning and it is fixed.

Re: HTTP: 12029 no HTTP access for IE

Joe you are fantastic i have been trying to fix this problem for a week and i have visited so many sites and tried so many things who knew something so simple could fix it !!!!!!!!