Thread: Error message when I open folders with videos

Error message when I open folders with videos

I am getting a error message on my screen when I am trying to open folders that has videos in it. I am not able to understand why this error simply appear. When I click on the folder and try to open the same I am getting a error saying that explorer encountered a problem and has to be close. I thought the issue would be due to some conflict among the file inside it. So performed system restore to fix the same back. But it did not worked. Still when I open folders that has video inside it crashes.

This happens when Windows Explorer fails to generate appropriate thumbnail. It can be also a codec issue in your system. Just try to update your system codec and then video drivers and then test back. I am sure it will be resolved. Sometime virus issues also cause this kind of problem. Explorer.exe usually crashes due to infection in your system. Scan your pc properly with a good antivirus in safe mode and then check back.

I had the same problem. There was one solution given on a German website. Babelfish will help when german is a bit rusty. I ran the directshow filter manager downloaded from German website above and then reduced the "Merit" of all the "Emuzed" codecs to 200,000. Emuzed (as far as I can gather) is from Nokia. Anyway ... I rebooted and WOOHOO!!!

Re: I have same problem: Error message when I open folders with vids

stpes to solve this problem

1. In the registry search for the emzdecmp4_h263.dll which is causing the problem in the key called "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID"
    a. if you dont know any thing about the registry then on the run prompt type the command called "regedit". This will open the registry.
    2. When u got the sucess in search look for whole dll path.
    3. use the REGSVR32 command to unregister the dll.
    e.g. REGSVR32 /U "full path of the dll/emzdecmp4_h263.dll"

try to reproduced the problem..

best luck for the solution. If it didnt work..drop me mail.. I will be there to help you.

Re: I have same problem: Error message when I open folders with vids

Rename the " EmzDecMP4_H263.dll " from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\Codecs to " EmzDecMP4_H263.txt " , lemmme know whether it works !!! Ciao ;-))