Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My USB flash drive not showing in windows explorer now

Windows XP Support

Old 07-01-2009

My USB flash drive not showing in windows explorer now

I dont know why, the usb flash drive is no longer showing in Windows as another device like it used to be. It is shown in the Device Manager and is also recognized by Windows if I plug it in, but I am not able to see it to get to the files. The autorun is also not enabled, so how should I enable it? Thanks

Old 07-01-2009

Re: My USB flash drive not showing in windows explorer now

Have you tried to explore it through admin tools and then computer management.
Old 07-01-2009

It might be possible that the flash drive letter has to be told to not show up in Explorer. You can try to locate and install the TweakUI from the Powertoys for XP. After that you should be able to tell your XP which drive letters to display in Explorer.
Old 08-01-2009

I have ended up assigning a new drive letter and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,