Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Device Driver working, but can't find sound device

Windows XP Support

Old 01-01-2009

Device Driver working, but can't find sound device

Hello,

I?m using Compaq Presario F767NR laptop which came pre-installed with Windows XP Home SP3. I bought it just a month ago and now my Sound stopped working. It is having Conexant SmartAudio 221, when I go to Device Manager and check, it says the Device is working and drivers are installed. But when I go to Control Panel > Sound it says there is no Audio device installed. Strange.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem and how can I get rid of the same? Please provide any fix. Thank you.

Old 01-01-2009

Re: Device Driver working, but can't find sound device

It is surely Driver problem. You should go to HP website, browser to your laptop model page, go to Download section, download Audio driver and install it again. See ifi t works.

Alternatively, you can also try out this driver for Conexant SmartAudio 221. It is just 350 kb in size but worked for me: Driver.

if still you face any problem the simply take the laptop to Service Center and get it fixed from there as your laptop is still under warranty.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: