Thread: screen brightness control

screen brightness control

Hi, I’m using a HP laptop with Windows XP SP3. System is working well, no problem, but I’m facing a small problem with the laptops Function key. The hotkey for increasing or decreasing the screen brightness on this system is FN + F2 key which has stopped working. I don’t know why.

So I wanted to know if there is any built-in option in Windows XP from where we can do the same? If yes, please let me know soon. Many Thanks.

I don’t think windows xp has to do something with your screen brightness. It is related to your hardware (display). So you should better workout why your function key stopped working. Probably it would be either because of proper drivers or any missing utility. Most of the manufacturers use to provide this utility for free download on their websites. You just need to visit your laptop model page on HP, download/install the utility and it will be done.

Re: screen brightness control

This works like a charm for controlling screen brightness. Changing screen brightness several times a minute is sometimes necessary when viewing a bright screen, then a video on a 30" LCD monitor.