Thread: Can't download video from camera

Can't download video from camera

I am getting a weird message when I am trying to improve a movie in Movie Maker. I am doing the same directly from my camcorder. Whatever videos recorded are in avi file format. There are clips arranged in series like clip0001.avi, clip002.avi, etc. I want to merge them all in making a single movie. But when I try to import them I am getting a error. The import fails and there is some codec message on the screen.

Re: Can't download video from camera

Looks like your system is not having proper connectivity due to which you are facing that problem. I will advice you to simply copy all the files from the camera memory and then copy the same in your pc and then import it. That will be more better. It is essential that you must first copy the files and then import it. There are some good video convertors available on the web. You can use it for creating a more reasonable file format and then use them in movie maker.

You can download and install a codec pack from web. There are some packs which are quiet essential to run videos in various media players. It is a common bug that can be resolved if you add proper codec. Just search for klite or xp codec pack on the web. Download and install it in your pc. That's all. I will also recommend you to copy the videos first in your pc and then import them in movie maker. That will be more easy.

You have to convert those videos in mp4 file format. I think movie maker is having some kind of problem with avi files due to which you are facing problem. Just convert the files in readable mp4 format and then check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem you are facing. It is simply not complicated at all. Just get a good video convertor and then check back. It is more than enough to fix the problem you are facing.

Movie maker is really a pain. I am using it for college project. First is has limitation of running video formats. Second a number of time the video project crashes. So I stopped using the same. I am using Virtual Dub here. It is another nice tool that can help to fix the problem with video editing. It works really nicely and has a simple to use interface. It is simply not complicated to use. You just have to understand the same a bit and then you can move ahead with movie editing.

I am so happy because I am having this problem and I SOLVED IT!!!
    I would get all these problems:

Only music would play at first.
    Then I would get an error message saying Codec Option was not clicked or something like that...
    And then it didn't work at all.

To solve this problem so you can start viewing and editing your Insignia movie in Windows movie maker 2.6 go to the Options Tab. Click compatibility and make sure the box that says AVI COMPRESSOR is UNCHECKED. NO CHECKMARK!
    ANd it will work right away. No restart necessary.