Thread: Explorer.exe does not load

Explorer.exe does not load

I am having a Windows xp desktop system. I purchased a Logitech mouse. With that I got the Setpoint CD. So I installed the software. It was working fine there was no issue. Just last night I updated the Setpoin to 4.7 and my system crashed. When I try to login the desktop just does not appear. There are no icons nothing on the screen except the wallpaper. I tried to run explorer.exe through Task Manager but it appears and goes back again instantly. It does not remain stable at all. I need some help here to fix my pc.

Re: Explorer.exe does not load

Try to roll back the old settings and then check back. First boot in safe mode. In safe mode go in Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Click on it and choose a older date and then perform the restore. It will wipe out SetPoint software. If this works then try to use the old version of SetPoint software only. I think the updated version is buggy with windows due to which you get that problem. System restore can fix the problem.

Re: Explorer.exe does not load

Yes it is better you just try to run system restore first. That will be more easy way to fix the system back and make it work fine. I do not think Setpoint is causing the problem. I am also using the same in my pc which works fine. The best way to find out detail information on the problem that you are facing is simply going inside Event viewer. There you can find information on system crashes and error reports. You can then troubleshoot the same through various ways.

Can be some kind of registry bug. Try to run some registry cleaner software. First go in safe mode. Then go in Control Panel > Add/Remove program and get rid of SetPoint software. Remove and restart your pc. I am sure that explorer crash issue will be resolved once you remove Setpoint. But if still explorer still crashes then there is some more serious problem in the system. You will need to run a repair setup of windows which will help you more in fixing the problem you are facing.

I will not advice you to waste much time on the same. The more you can do is simply run a repair setup. That is another good way of fixing ample of windows issue. Just simply boot your pc with windows xp installation disc and run the repair. That will be more easier to fix the problem you are facing. Ample of time there is common issue with crash. But if nothing works fine then just format your pc and clear everything.

David, the same thing has happened to me. My registry cleaner automatically runs on startup. Is this a problem guys????

Using a registry cleaner is a very big problem, whether or not it runs automatically at night. Uninstall it. Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. Cleaning of the registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and what vendors of registry cleaning software try to convince you of, having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you. The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit it may have.