Thread: Windows Movie Maker freezes when I add music!!!! WHY????

Windows Movie Maker freezes when I add music!!!! WHY????

I am trying to create my own movie in Windows Movie Maker. I am having around 40 clips with me. I was able to add it properly in Movie Maker. But when I try to add music it just freezes. I am not able to find any option for the same. I had added a mixture of videos and images in movie maker, but only while adding a audio file it freezes. So I skipped that and copied one more video from my mobile phone. When I try to add the same I am getting exactly the same error which I was getting for audio files.

Re: Windows Movie Maker freezes when I add music!!!! WHY????

This kind of issue appear if the files are damage. Check all the audio files first. Try to run them in a media player and then test back. Ensure that all video files are working fine. If there is a problem with the file you will get a error on the screen. Try to copy them at some other place and then try to add them in movie maker. I think that will be more appropriate. As per my experience you are getting the problem because there is damage file.

What is the format of audio file. I think movie maker works really well in mp3 format. If the audio files are in some other format then movie maker might give you trouble while reading the same. You can also do the same for video file. Download a good video and audio convertor. There are ample of them available on the web. You can use them to create a proper video format which is common works really well with movie maker. I think that is much easier.

I will recommend you to update your video codec. Download KLite codec pack from web. Download the same and install it in your pc. The issue can be sometime due to corrupt codec. Once you update the codec pack you can simply add any kind of video or audio file in your system. This works really well. It is essential that you must update that and if possible then simply install more third party audio/video codecs. That will be more helpful.

You can try to re-install windows movie maker. Just save the project file. So that when you re-install it you can use it back and you do not have to begin from scratch. I had did this on Vista when I was facing problem with freezing. I tried a number things to fix the issue but nothing worked. Once I had re-installed it the issue was resolved. You can download the same from online. There are ample of website which offers movie maker download. You can test that.

I am using wma format. This is one of the best and works really well. You must also try the same. Just download any free audio convertor and convert all the audio files to wma. This is simply more easier. When you convert the video then just try to create a wmv file format. This are the two most common audio video format that works well in movie maker and has no issue with creating movies. You can try convertors like TVC which works really well. While if you want to go for free then you will need to use separate converter for audio and video.

Do you get any error while importing the files. You will have to report the same. Because on that basis it will be more easier for you to troubleshoot your pc. A quick solution here is to run system restore. This works well if there is a major application problem in the system. Just run that and it will try to restore the old working settings. It might put some impact on performance of movie maker also. And if that does not work then the last option left is to re-install movie maker back again. I think that will be more helpful.

I was also going through the same issue. I had downloaded a third party audio convertor and converted all the files to wmv format. It worked. The audio was working fine. I am having a very huge video file who's size is around 2GB. The import procedure goes well here, but to add audio on the same it is a bit time consuming. There are around 6 audio files on the video and whenever I import them movie maker freezes. But after converting them to mp3 things went back to normal.

Till yet there is no good alternative available compare to movie maker. I am using Roxio creator here. This looks to be working well but it is bit heavy on system. It has ample of great features. I found the tool bit advance in terms of feature. Now the only benefit of using this tool is that you do not have to worry about different audio and video format for the same. It can simply import the files whatever you have in the software.

for me, I have the latest Vista version of Windows Movie Maker and it still doesn't work! Not only the mp3 file musics, but even when I'm creating the video! I need help also!