Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappearing

Windows XP Support

Old 11-12-2008

Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappearing

There are more than 30 systems configured on our network. There but for all of them there is only one single printer which lies at the central place. The printer is shared on the lan. But somehow it looks it is not working well with all pc. There is a issue with connectivity. Sometime the printer works fine while some users simply report error. I had seen that the printer simply disappear sometime and after a few while it is auto detected. It is really weird. I am not able to keep the printer stable.

Old 11-12-2008

Re: Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappearing

Can be a issue with the printer driver. Go in each and every system and manually add the printer. Set it as the default printer. Ensure that proper printer driver is installed. I am sure the problem will be resolved. You can manually install the driver also to make it more stable. Sometime due to outdated drivers this kind of issue appear which can be resolved by running driver updates.
Old 11-12-2008

Re: Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappear

If it is happening in number of system at a single time them I think the issue lies with the printer itself. There is one easy way of fixing the issue. Connect the printer to some single pc in your network. Then share. In all the other pc tell the users to go in network places and connect the share printer. I did the same at my office where a single printer is shared other 5 people. The printer is online until the pc is on.
Old 11-12-2008

Did you checked the printer spooler service. If this service is terminated in the backend this kind of issue appear. If the issue lies common with all pc then it simply means the printer is having a problem. You have to verify the connectivity and other stuff. While if the issue lies with some pc and that too constantly then ensure that printer spooler service is set of automatic. It lies under Administrative Tools > Services. In that look for printer spooler and set the properties to automatic.
Old 13-12-2008

Try to remove the printer and then install it back from the scratch. Install it properly with new drivers and then test back. Once the printer is installed and detected I am sure the issue will be resolved. It is a nice option to connect a printer to a single pc and then sharing the same with others. But for that you will need to keep pc on or else the printer will go offline.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,