Thread: Virus - browser hijack

Virus - browser hijack

Hi, this is Windows XP having Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. Recently with one of the .xml file I received some virus on my {C which did huge damages. After a week of hard work I finally managed to clean the system and removed virus. I used several security suits such as AVG virus scan, Spybot S&D, CCleaner, and manually cleaned the startup registry entries. Everything seems to be fine now except the browsers.

No matter I use Firefox or IE, as soon as I try to use search engines, it redirects me automatically to some page with Chinese languages. I don’t know how to get rid of this. Re-installing the browser doesn’t seems to be working. What else can I do? Thanks for the helps.

Re: Virus - browser hijack

Though you have cleaned the viruses from the system, i guess some malware are still left inside and hence facing this issues. I will suggest you to simply download a tool called Remove-it, this will help you removing the malware completely from the computer.

RE: Virus - browser hijack

Yes, i think he is correct. It is malware creating the problems. You should run Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & destroy, and AVG, in SAfe Mode to remove
    problems remaining. These all tools can be downloaded for free. Just do a Google and download/ run. Hope it helps.

Then you have a bad BHO/Hooks installed on your browser and you need to remove them by running a through scan.Run a thorough scan by doing the following steps:

First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies by going to Internet Options > General Tab. clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies. Now click on Advanced tab and disable Add-ons.

Furthermore, you need to scan your system for malware. Download and Update both SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes then run a complete scan
    http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/rr-update/rr-free-setup.exe
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/d....htm?s_cid=sah

Thanks for the info. The help is much appreciated.