Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

messenger disconnects me from internet.

Windows XP Support

Old 27-11-2008

messenger disconnects me from internet.

When I open messenger then there is no connection or any kind of error message, it will just not connect. I have fresh installed Windows XP and updated some hardware software and have already tried to reset my modem and router, turned off firewall, disabled virus protection, but still it wont connect. Can anyone please help.

Old 27-11-2008

Re: messenger disconnects me from internet.

Did you try to update the firmware version of the modem or router that you are using? You can even try to use the latest version of Windows Live Messenger that might be able to solve this issue since the protocol has been changed significantly. Download it from its official website.
Old 27-11-2008

Thanks for the help, but that didnt work. I installed the latest version of the messenger, checked that the router/modem firmware version are the latest, but still messenger will not connect at all. Any more ideas?
Old 16-03-2011

Hey, did you find a solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem. MSN disconnects my internet and manages to reboot my router. :/

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: