Thread: Movie Maker won't let me save

Movie Maker won't let me save

Hi, i am having Dell laptop running with Windows XP and Windows Movie Maker version 2.1.1. Dont know what is wrong with the same it wont allow me to save any movie. No matter how many times i restart the system or Movie Maker itself, no matter if there are 2 files or 200 files, it just wont save any movie. Every time i try to save, it ends up with the following error message:

"Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, then try again"

I have no idea what to do.Seeking for help. Thanks in advance.

According to the error message, it seems like you have one more file (image/video/audio) in your Movie Maker Project which is no longer available on your disk or you might have move it to some another location on your drive. Hence MM is not able to save the movie.

Also if you have any file from web, better download it on your hard drive and then put it in Windows Movie Maker and try again. make sure you dint move or rename or delete any of the files unless Movie is saved.

Re: Movie Maker won't let me save

I appreciate your help Diggs, but i already know that rule. I haven't moved, or removed, or renamed any thing since i started this MM project. Anyways, after reading your post, just to confirm it again, i created a new project with just two video clips which are saved on my desktop and i still get the same error. let me tell that those two clips are as it is as they were 5 minutes ago.

Now what?

Have a look at the following articles:

MM2 - Problem Solving - 'Can't Save A Movie'

Movie Maker 2 - Importing MPEG Files

you need to move all of the pictures/clips and audio to a different location.then you click on new project.simple as that

Try this and have fun

Did my link get modded?

hate to wake up an old post but i'm not finding a solution. I'm have the same issue but all of my videos are in windows media audio/video format and my minutes just continue to rise