Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No Remove Button for IE7 in Add/Remove

Windows XP Support

Old 25-11-2008

No Remove Button for IE7 in Add/Remove

I am running Windows XP SP3 with AVG free antivirus. When I go into Add or Remove and then IE7, there is no remove button and spt info there shows some version and opens download for IE8 beta? The download shows IE7 and my computer also shows IE7 in blue. Now, I want to remove IE7 and reintall IE6. So if I delete the same from control panel, then will it get removed or should I delete it from the registry?

Old 25-11-2008

Re: No Remove Button for IE7 in Add/Remove

When I checked my computer then it is listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7 at the end of the list.
Old 25-11-2008

Thats agreed but if the list you refer to is the Add and Remove list then it is listed, without any size figures but with 4 updates. But there is no Remove button to remove it from the Add or Remove list. And Support Information show there when I click on it, shows a different version and also opens up a download for IE8 beta?
Old 29-12-2008

I just went into my control panel and I have TWO add/remove buttons on my control panel???? How the heck??? I have no idea how that happened???

Any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2009

I have also installed IE8 and didnt like it and restored to IE7 but lost all the menu bars and I have dont have remove option in control panel. Can anyone please help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: